“O God Our Help”
When Nancy and I got married, we sang some hymns in our wedding service. The one was inspired by some of today’s assigned Bible in a Year verses.
Please Read the Following Verses
Psalms 46 For the director of music. Of the Sons of Korah. According to alamoth. A song.
1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, 3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Selah 4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. 5 God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at the break of day. 6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; he lifts his voice, the earth melts. 7 The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah 8 Come and see the works of the Lord, the desolations he has brought on the earth. 9 He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear, he burns the shields with fire. 10 “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations,I will be exalted in the earth.” 11 The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah
The song that came to mind was the first hymn we sang.
“O God Our Help in Ages Past”
- O God, our help in ages past, Our hope for years to come, Our shelter from the stormy blast, And our eternal home:
- Beneath the shadow of thy throne, Thy saints have dwelt secure; Sufficient is Thine arm alone, And our defense is sure.
- Before the hills in order stood, Or earth received her frame, From everlasting thou art God, To endless years the same.
- A thousand ages in thy sight are like an evening gone; Short as the watch that ends the night before the rising sun.
- Time, like an ever-rolling stream, Bears all its sons away; They fly, forgotten, as a dream dies at the opening day.
- O God, our help in ages past, Our hope for years to come, Be thou our guide while troubles last, And our eternal home!
Be Blest, Be a Blessing